Wednesday, 25 July 2012

home, sweet home

It was another busy week. And a not less busy one now.

I have made these two sets, as a gift to a friend for her "move-in" party. 

The Chinese character on it means "home"-家




I. new routines:
These days we set up some new routines, no matter how long  they can last, we are enjoying them and expecting to have more fun from them. 

1. walk and park:
Since my husband's dissertation correction for the last time is almost done, he gets less load because of it. He gets to come home much earlier. We started to take walks in the city. We walked to different parks near or far from our home- the Innocent Park (which is my favorite. It is the closest one. It is small and sweet. I go there some time in the morning when there is not yet too many people); the Flower and Plant park (which is also close, but also near to the old law school where my husband went. We are not big fun of seeing the law school and the kids there any more...:P); the City Park and the park next to the lake. Sometimes we get lost and would find some very lovely views, they might be some sweet flats or hourses, or a hiden little park. 

2. meet and talk:
We have several parties or meets with friends last week. There is just too much going on these days. Friends keep leaving or moving. Julia invited us once for a BBQ party in the park. Her BF and my husband were basically the only ones who worked on the grill. After they almost finished the first round of grill and before everyone got to eat, it started to rain like crasy...
Almost in all the meets, there is always one topic (the GUYS talked about!!!)- baby. Friends of my husband started to talk about their baby plans. We have discussed between us and got the conclusion that we would like our babies to be born in the year of Horse, Dog or Sheep. The closest is the year of Horse, which is the year after next year. Then I just accidently heard that my husband thought it was next year!! After I "clarified", there is no rush any more.:P

3. read and food:
When we go for a walk, we always take some home-made food and books with us. So we can always feel free to sit down once we find a really calm and lovely place. We finished reading the same book last month. Now we are back to our own books. 



II. Changes:
1. old and new:
A friend in China introduced me another friend, who lives in Holland now and is going to visit us then goes to China. Therefore the friend in China asked me to buy so many stuff to be carried back to China. I have been receiving packages and going out for shopping literally EVERYDAY! At home now there are stuff from the shopping list everywhere. We both hope the girl comes sooner. 
This crazy shopping lists helps me to realize how unorganized I am at home. So I started to clean up and reorganize our flat- I started with kitchen and bathroom. I threw out all the empty bottles of shower gels, body lotions and cosmetics and ordered new ones. Then we packed so many old clothes and made room for new ones. I knew that my husband had so many old clothes, but I didn't know they were SO OLD! After we got new jacket, pants, socks etc for him, he joked that it is really good to be married-- no more ten years old clothes. 

2. exchange:
I have two Tandem Cafe partners. I met each of them once a week, so I can have twice practices each week. B is for speak and listen, F is for grammar and write. Now B is visiting China for three months. (so long!!) My husband has to be my language exchange partner for one day a week. Even though we talk in German everyday at home, but it feels different when you both sit down and set the time and topic limit. 

3. use up:
I gathered all the yarn I have, and I was surprised how much space they take and actually how nice they all are. It is such a pity to be forgotten and "replaced" with the new ones. So I decided not to buy any new one until I have made enough good uses of the "old" ones. 

The books which I bought or got from time to time, the ones which were read for less than half and forgotten again-- started to read one after one again. 

The tea I brought from China, some of which were actually made by my lovely dad and prepared by my mum, those are said to be good for your eyes, lung or for preparision for pregnancy-- I shall never let them just lay there! So I started to drink different tea each afternoon or early evening. My parents always feel very happy when I tell them the tea works and I want more packs of this or that. 


The German learning magzines--I really have to force myself to sit down at least 30 mins everyday, just to finish them page after page! You might not see the effect? Only if you keep going on!
All the notebooks we gathered for years-- I am trying to using them up, by making to-do or shopping list, carrying one all the time for any notes one after one. 

So much for today, I am afraid nobody is so bored as me to read through all of it. But it feels always good to make it clear and then deal with things one after one. 

My cousin is going to visit us next months. We have been planning excursions near or far. (or we have to^^)

But no matter how much we enjoy our walk, read in the park or meet, we always feel strongly that home is the best place.
http://ambassadorcrochet.com/2012/07/25/wip-wednesday-34/
http://www.gsheller.com/2012/07/yarn-along-87.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gsheller%2FqXrF+%28small+things%29

http://simply-crochet.blogspot.de/2012/07/wipw-work-in-progress-wednesday_25.html
http://crochetaddictcfs.blogspot.de/2012/07/what-you-doing-wednesday-week-18.html?showComment=1343215709666#c7282741707768698407

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot going on! Love the little coasters, they make a very cute and useful gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I like your Shawls!

      Delete
  2. The coasters are beautiful! And I agree with Paula, it seems like you have a lot going on! I hope you are able to continue your walks, that sounds like a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I am too ambitious or greedy. I have to be cautious and patient to keep the most important ones!:)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely gift idea! Good luck with all of your changes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gifts, its such a personal gift that everytime she uses them she will think of you. Also WOW you are busy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wish she will enjoy it:)

      Delete
  5. Die Untersetzer sind prima geworden! Eine gute Idee um auch Wollreste aufzubrauchen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke. Ich moechte auch wirklich, die Wollreste aufbrauchen!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you are a busy person. Your coasters are super cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always, though:) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Those coasters are really cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. All the comments offer me more motivation to crochet!

      Delete
  8. It's great to get in good habits like that! One of our habits is to try a new recipe every Sunday dinner. It's good to experiment, isn't it?

    I'm also trying to work through my stash of yarns, and I've committed to knitting the patterns in the books I already have. So we're thinking a bit alike :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One new recipe each Sunday dinner, what a nice idea! I really need lots of mindpower to keep my words-- not to buy new woll before I deal with the old ones.:)

      Delete
  9. I remember these from a couple of weeks ago. Glad you are still working on them.
    My busy week's, I don't think, will ever end.
    Just so much to do, and so much going on all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you remeber my old projects! I think I will keep working on different stuff with Chinese characters for a while:) After summer it will be much calmer for me.:)

      Delete